This resource, 'Someone at the door: The teacher’s visit', is part of 'English in my home', which aims to give ESOL learners the confidence and the language to deal with situations they may encounter in their homes. In this lesson, Sunita meets her son's new teacher, but where is Arjun?
This resource has been produced in two different formats:
- a self-access resource for learners with online activities
- this teacher’s pack, including teacher’s notes and worksheets to download
- You will need: Interactive whiteboard or data projector to show the film 'The teacher's visit' or computers for each learner/pair of learners, with headphones or audio speakers.
- Learner handouts (pages 13 - 17)
- For Task 5 (page 22) - copy and cut up enough role-play cards for so that every learner gets either a ‘teacher’ or a ‘parent’ card.
- Task 6 (page 23) - copy and cut up discussion cards. There are two sets of cards, one designed for adult classes, and another for younger learners, or classes where most learners don’t have children. Prepare one set per 3 – 4 learners.
- If internet access/computers are not available, you will need to prepare your own audio recordings using the transcripts provided (Pages 18 - 21).