This lesson is about language for casual everyday conversations on the wings and in association. It provides learners with the language required to start a conversation, interrupt, ask open and closed questions, change a subject, keep a conversation going and end a conversation. There is plenty of opportunity to build on and extend language learners know already. The teacher has the opportunity to focus on the language areas relevant to their learners, with open ended exercises and practical speaking and listening games and role plays.
Topic: Informal speaking and listening
Level: Entry 1- 2 / Scottish National 2 -3
Time: 90 minutes +
- to develop learners’ ability to engage in conversations on the wing and in association
- to give practice of natural speaking and listening
- to develop learners’ vocabulary of conversational skills
- to develop learners’ confidence in spoken communication.
Learners will be able to:
- engage in discussion on everyday topics
- open and keep conversations going
- interrupt and end conversations appropriately
- ask questions to gain specific information.